Step-by-Step Guide to Become a Nurse in the UK
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
- OET with minimum grade of B in speaking, listening and reading and C+ in writing OR
- IELTS with minimum score of 7 in speaking, listening and reading and 6.5 in writing.
Complete NMC Eligibility & Qualification Application
- Applicant will create online account and complete eligibility and qualification application.
- NMC will confirm eligibility for registration within 14 days
Take the Computer Based Test (CBT)
- CBT assures the NMC that applicant has the right knowledge and skills to practice nursing in the UK.
- Results are available 48 hours after taking the test
Attend Interview & Secure Job offer
- Attend direct/online interview arranged by GNF.
- Secure job offer& complete pre-employment checks
Secure Certificate of Sponsorship from Employer
- Employers assign the CoS once the CBT exam is cleared.
- The sponsorship reference number on the CoS is used for the Tier 2 VISA application
Submit Tier 2 Health & Care Worker Visa Application
- Applicant will submit their Tier 2 VISA application and provide biometric application.
- VISA is generally approved within 3 weeks
Travel to the UK
- The Language X will arrange one way flight to the UK, airport pickup, temporary accommodation and orientation.
- Collect your Biometric Resident Permit (BRP).
Take Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE)
- OSCE will assess applicants clinical knowledge
- Results emailed within 5 working days from test date
Complete NMC Registration & Secure Pin
- Submit health, character and language evidence.
- NMC will assess the application within 35 days.
- Receive Registration Number from NMC (Pin)
- Work as a Registered Nurse in the UK